ESS, devtools, and documentation

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Oct 30 18:10:02 CET 2014

Thank you Vitalie, for taking up the ball, while I had decided to be busy
with other stuff (teaching.. supervising students.. doing research and
programming for a conference "paper" I have still have to write ...).
Vitalie knows more about github management than me in any case,
but yes indeed, you should get write access to ESS which moved from svn to
github,
and yes, we will put in some effort to resolve this  (but then, the whole
thing is not so terribly urgent, as we have not planned a release any time
soon).

Martin

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 9:13 PM, Vitalie Spinu <spinuvit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, seems like a bug in github then. I have changed the permissions from
> Write to Admin. Could you please try it again?
>
>   Vitalie
>
>  >>> Dirk Eddelbuettel on Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:16:53 -0500 wrote:
>
>  > Yes, obviously.  I only cloned _after_ Martin added me, and I even
> cloned
>  > _twice_ via https and ssh.
>
>  > And I wrote the email to tell that while you may think I am set up I am
> not.
>
>  > edd at max:~/git/ess$ cat .git/config
>  > [core]
>  >      repositoryformatversion = 0
>  >      filemode = true
>  >      bare = false
>  >      logallrefupdates = true
>  > [remote "origin"]
>  >      url = git at github.com:emacs-ess/ESS.git
>  >      fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
>  > [branch "master"]
>  >      remote = origin
>  >      merge = refs/heads/master
>  > edd at max:~/git/ess$ git push
>  > ERROR: Permission to emacs-ess/ESS.git denied to eddelbuettel.
>  > fatal: Could not read from remote repository.
>
>  > Please make sure you have the correct access rights
>  > and the repository exists.
>  > edd at max:~/git/ess$
>
>  > I don't mean to whine or to make work here.  But we we currently have
> serves
>  > noone, so something should change.  We just leaving the org may be the
>  > simplest, i just don't want to come across as rude...
>
>  > Thanks as always for ESS which I use pretty much every day.
>
>  > Dirk

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]