Xemacs21 problems with ESS 5.9.1 ?? [FWD from ESS-debian]

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Fri Jun 4 18:38:39 CEST 2010

On 4 June 2010 at 18:19, Martin Maechler wrote:
[...]
| No, no!  I'm very glad Seb has done the work
| (of installing and using Xemacs ..  Xemacs almost always manages
|  to mess up my ~/.emacs, so I'm happy for each time I do *not*
|  have to ...)

Seb had the same reservations and for once I must have been charming and
persuasive enough to sway someone :)

| But inspite of the good reasons for making 5.9.1-2 (deb),
| I still think it would be fine to release 5.10,
| .. if only just to revert to the "normal state" of having an
| <n>.<m> version number.

Sure. Whenever you are ready.

It is just a matter of calling less than a handful of scripts on my end so I
can have Debian's 5.10-1 out in no time (as we discovered repeatedly when I
took your ess-announce emails at face value not anticipating the
yet-another-last-minute-change).

It's tough -- I had similar post-release releases with Rcpp...

--
  Regards, Dirk