ESS 5.4 released

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 11 08:52:34 CEST 2009

Hi Dirk and ESS core  (Dirk's mail went to me + ESS-debian
only),

    DE> On 8 June 2009 at 18:04, Martin Maechler wrote:
    DE> | Dear ESS-help readers,
    DE> |
    DE> | > The ESS Developers proudly announce the release of ESS
    DE> | >    5.4
    DE> |
    DE> | available at  http://ess.r-project.org/ from the "Download" tab.

    DE> I just built the new Debian package, and it wanted a newer etc/config.guess.

    DE> Should that / could that get updated?  I'd be happy to commit it but as it is
    DE> outside of the zone I typically labour in I thought I'd better ask here
    DE> first.

I think I have never actively made use of <ESS>/etc/config.guess
nor edited it.
Do any other ESS-corers know about it's use ?

I'm happy for you, Dirk, to update it.

I'm *very* time-limited these days (10 days to come), so have
not more time.

    DE> Thanks for getting 5.4 out!

you're welcome!
Martin