Updates on working towards a new Debian package for ess

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Sat May 17 23:53:19 CEST 2008

I know it's terribly rude to answer one's own email but ...

On 17 May 2008 at 16:20, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| iii) Worst one:  It doesn't start!!  While /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50ess.el
|      has the bug fix supplied by Peter Galbraith, and still finishes in
|      (require 'ess-site)
|      this seems to have no effect in emacs22 and emacs-snapshot. For both I

... I possess just about enough elisp skillz to notice that two closing
parens didn't make it from the patch to the file -- I fixed that and now the
'require' line is executed, R can be loaded and everybody is happy. I am
building 5.3.8-1 right now, please find that in a few moments at

      http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/tmp/ess_5.3.8-1_all.deb

for tests.  I'll also commit the fixed debian/emacsen-startup to SVN.

So test 5.3.8 if we can, now that it runs I think we're ready for an upload.

Cheers, Dirk