[BioC] annotation of a probe in hgu133plus2

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Thu Jan 9 19:11:34 CET 2014

Hi Mayte,

The gene isn't missing, instead this probeset interrogates two different
genes. Plus you are using really old methods to get the data you want.
These days you should use select().

 > select(hgu133plus2.db, "207356_at", c("SYMBOL","ENTREZID"))
     PROBEID SYMBOL  ENTREZID
1 207356_at DEFB4A      1673
2 207356_at DEFB4B 100289462
Warning message:
In .generateExtraRows(tab, keys, jointype) :
   'select' resulted in 1:many mapping between keys and return rows

And you get a warning saying that this probeset maps to more than one
gene and symbol.

Best,

Jim