[BioC] Combing Effects (t-stats) from experiment with common reference design?

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Fri Aug 29 00:09:12 CEST 2014

Hi Atul,

Typically if you are testing multiple contrasts simultaneously, you
would use an ANOVA test that would five you an F statistics (and
corresponding p-value). But it's not exactly clear if that's what
you're asking for, Can you explain in more detail exactly which
hypothesis you are trying to test? Ar you trying to test whether any of
the Stages is different from the control, or are you trying to test
whether genes are changing between all Stages?

-Ryan