[BioC] Rsamtools - summarizeOverlaps - count read on complementary strand

Devon Ryan dpryan at dpryan.com
Fri Apr 18 10:29:59 CEST 2014

Just swap the strand in your GRanges object and then use ignore.strand=FALSE with summarizeOverlaps. Something like:

strand(gr) <- ifelse(strand(gr)=="+", "-", "+")

That will work unless you have features without strands, at least.

Devon

Devon Ryan, Ph.D.
Email: dpryan at dpryan.com
Molecular and Cellular Cognition Lab
German Centre for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE)
Ludwig-Erhard-Allee 2
53175 Bonn, Germany