[BioC] What packages needed for anti-correlated clustering?

Peter Langfelder peter.langfelder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 21:54:44 CET 2013

I'm not sure what you mean by anti-correlated clustering. There cannot
really be clusters of anti-correlated genes, since if variable A is
(strongly) anti-correlated with B and B is (strongly) anticorrelated
with C, then A and C are (most likely) positively correlated. This is
very different from positive correlation which can be loosely though
of as being transitive.

If you still want to try, yes, you can use the correlation as a
dissimilarity matrix (which is equivalent to using minus the
correlation as a similarity matrix) and input it to your favourite
clustering procedure (for example, hclust) but the results may not be
meaningful.

Peter