[BioC] Add new affy organism platform

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri May 10 22:33:44 CEST 2013

On 04/29/2013 04:07 PM, James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Marc,
>
> My understanding is that you can't use SQLForge to create a chip-level
> .db package unless there is a corresponding db0 package. Is that not
> true? In this case the OP wants a rice.db package - is there an easy
> way to make such a beast without a corresponding db0 package? Perhaps
> using the makeOrgPackageFromNCBI?
>
> Best,
>
> Jim

No unfortunately that's correct.  I had overlooked that he was working
with rice.  So a chip level package is not currently possible without a
corresponding .db0.

But he can probably still make an organism level package for rice by
calling makeOrgPackageFromNCBI() (from the AnnotationForge package).

   Marc