[BioC] Add new affy organism platform

Ekta Jain Ekta.Jain at teri.res.in
Thu May 9 07:12:45 CEST 2013

Dear All,
Sorry for the late reply. I went underground for a bit. Thanks Marc, i did
try the cdf option since affymetrix did provide a .cdf file for rice. I was
however unable to annotate for gene names etc for the probe IDs using the
cdf environment in the way i would do using any .db package. Maybe i am
missing something but there must be a way to get this annotation from the
cdf file too, right?

I do not have the sql files for this rice microarray package but the .csv
annotation file which has the probe annotations, I can use this file in R
and annotate but at times its much easier and straightforward to annotate
from an in-built R package especially when performing differential gene
expression since you can then just fit the annotation on the differentially
expressed probes.

Is it possible to built a new .db package using a .csv file or would it
please be possible to obtain annotation from a cdf environment?

Thank you and Regards,
Ekta Jain
Research Analyst
Biotechnology and Bio-resources Division
The Energy and Resources Institute, India Habitat Centre
Lodhi Road, New Delhi - 110033
#09958818853
ekta.jain at teri.res.in