[BioC] identifying drosophila miRNA targets

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Thu Mar 28 17:43:14 CET 2013

Hi Fiona,

I have a function called mirna2mrna (yeah, I know, lame function
name...) in my affycoretools package that does this, based on the sanger
microcosm targets data that you can download here:

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/enright-srv/microcosm/cgi-bin/targets/v5/download.pl

there is also a function makeHmap() that will create a heatmap with the
miRNA/mRNA pairs, where the color of the cells is based on the
correlation between the two RNA species (with the intent to show
negative correlations, indicating that the miRNA is hypothetically
causing premature degradation of the mRNA).

I think the help pages for these two functions are reasonable, but
please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Jim