[BioC] Visualization of metabolic network in lpSolve format

Paul Shannon pshannon at fhcrc.org
Mon Mar 25 23:16:47 CET 2013

Hi Denis,

Taking a quick look at the data.frame you included, I suggest this:

 - the Stoichiometry column suggests that each row is a reaction
 - if you parse each reaction into substrates, catalyst and products, you have a graph
 - nodes are the substrates, the reaction, the enzyme/s, the products
 - edges could be "substrateFor", "catalyzes", "produces"
 - all of the rate information, and etc., can be node and edge attributes
 - the graphNEL class can be used to capture all of this information once you parse it out
 - you can use RCytoscape, Rgraphviz and igraph to further manipulate and display the resulting network.

Does this seem promising?

 - Paul