[BioC] Multifactor analysis with deseq

Michael Muratet mmuratet at hudsonalpha.org
Mon Mar 25 22:31:05 CET 2013

On Mar 25, 2013, at 1:36 PM, Simon Anders wrote:

> Hi
>
> [Please keep conversations on the list.]
Sorry, upgraded my OS X and didn't realize there is now a separate button for 'reply all'. Progress.

>> I tried to install deseq2 and discovered I need R 2.16. CRAN only
>> goes up to 15.3, but they have beta r003, is this what you used?
>
> No, I used R 2.15. See the explanations on the Bioc web page on how R and Bioc versions are tied together, and how devel packages are handled.

Found the BioC devel version install web page. It said install R.003, so I did and now have DESeq2. I notice that the user manual dated yesterday has over 10K pages of output starting in section 3. Maybe it was intentional, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

Thanks

Mike

Michael Muratet, Ph.D.
Senior Scientist