[BioC] BiocGenerics 0.5.6 not loading properly

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Thu Mar 21 01:12:39 CET 2013

On 3/20/2013 5:03 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Do we have some kind of reporting tool in BiocInstaller like, check
> all packages on my system - do they match what I would get with
> BiocLite (perhaps up to minor version differences).  That way we can
> get users to do something like
>    biocLite(report = TRUE)
> If we don't have it, it would be handy.

We've tried to implement things in the BiocInstaller package, rather than
biocLite.R, so perhaps

   library(BiocInstaller)
   validPackages()

(or is that validLibraries()?) with validPackages having argument pkgs =
installed.packages() ? It seems like Seb's installation was sufficiently messed
up that this wouldn't have been too helpful in the current situation.
validPackages() (or similar) could also report sessionInfo() as a matter of course.

Martin

> Kasoer
>
> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:24 PM, Dan Tenenbaum <dtenenba at fhcrc.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Seb <seba.bat at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Dan, no problems and thanks for following up with tips.
>>>
>>> the problem with that script is that as soon as i run
>>>
>>> installed.packages()
>>>
>>> i get:
>>> Error in readRDS(file) : embedded nul in string: '\0'
>>>
>>> and R crashes...
>>>
>>> do you think it might be time to uninstall R with all the packages and then
>>> re-install everything?
>>>

>> Yes, definitely.
>> Dan

Dr. Martin Morgan, PhD