[BioC] Proper use of annotation package

Naxerova, Kamila naxerova at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Mar 18 22:20:16 CET 2013

Thanks for your prompt reply Jim! Actually I am afraid there is some deeper lack of knowledge on my part here...

Some of the ids that topTable() returns simply don't exist in the annotation package, period. They also don't exist when I search for them in the NetAffx Analysis center.

What are these? What is, e.g., "17549282"?

After reading my cel files and normalizing them, my eset looks like this:

> dim(eset)
Features  Samples
   41345       12

The Affy Transcript cluster file only has about 39400 entries. What are these 2000 ids that are not overlapping? And some of them clearly are differentially expressed...

Kamila