[BioC] DESeq2

Ryan C. Thompson rct at thompsonclan.org
Wed Mar 13 08:59:20 CET 2013

Hello,

I noticed the addition of the DESeq2 package a few days ago and had a
look at the new additions. Overall, it looks like an excellent package
(and it runs a lot faster than DESeq 1, too). I have a few questions for
clarification of exactly what methods DESeq2 is using. Specifically, I
notice that the fold change shrinkage is performed in nbinomWaldTest but
not in nbinomChisqTest. Is this just for reasons of
backward-compatibility of results, or is the Chi-squared test logically
incompatible with shrunken GLM coefficients? Secondly, is there any plan
to extend the Wald test to testing contrasts of multiple coefficients or
testing multiple coefficients/contrasts at once in an ANOVA-like test?

Thanks,

-Ryan Thompson