[BioC] how to annotate Illumina HumanHT-12 v3 chips?

Ying Wu daiyingw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 02:52:20 CET 2013

The answer depends on what you are interested in biologically. If you
are only interested in well-annotated coding genes for downstream
pathway analysis, then only use the NM_ genes.

Is there a reason why you want to combine the probes for each gene? Some
software that I've used has used median/mean to collapse multiple probes
signals into one gene but I found it useful to work with things on the
probe level.

As a sidenote, there is a bioconductor package that has Illumina
annotations that might be better than the ones the manufacture provides
and it can be found here:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/data/annotation/html/illuminaHumanv3.db.html

Best,
Ying