[BioC] IRanges is broken in Cygwin (mingw/math.h)

marco atzeri marco.atzeri at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 23:11:39 CEST 2013

Il 7/15/2013 1:53 PM, Martin Morgan ha scritto:
> On 07/15/2013 01:23 AM, Enrico Ferrero wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>>
>> Thanks for the clarification. I guess it's a matter of waiting for the
>> Cygwin devs to update to R 3.0.1 then.
>>
>> In the meanwhile, may I ask (Michael?) to also patch the latest
>> version of
>> IRanges (I am guessing 1.16.6, according to my logs) for R 2.15.1?
>
> Michael won't be able to do that. Or rather, he'll be able to patch it
> but the Bioconductor build machines will not build it -- only current
> and devel versions of Bioconductor packages are built.
>
> I guess I'll ask the obvious, and I guess you've got a good answer, but
> is there a reason that you're using R on cygwin?

interation with other tools available on cygwin and not in general
on plain windows ?

> I would have thought
> that you could install and manage R under Windows, and used the Windows
> executable from cygwin? If not in general, then at least for your use
> cases that involve IRanges?
>
> Martin

please note that also debian stable is at 2.15.1, and
R-3.0.0 is only 6 months old, same age of 2.15.3
So you could not expect that everyone is on R-3.0.x series.
As support policy, supporting only 3.x is a bit courious

I will look on building 3.0.x, but no promise on it

Regards
Marco