[BioC] edgeR DGEList

Mark Robinson mark.robinson at imls.uzh.ch
Thu Dec 12 19:41:05 CET 2013

Hi Jahn,

I've cc'd the list.  Look, a lot of people say that you must must must have raw counts for this and strictly, this is true.  My view is that as long as there are not too too many ambiguous reads, then this portioning off of reads in a non-integer fashion to features will not create such a huge violation of the edgeR modeling assumptions.  I could be wrong though, as I have not studied it in any depth.  After all, all models are wrong, some are useful.

Best, Mark

Prof. Dr. Mark Robinson
Bioinformatics, Institute of Molecular Life Sciences
University of Zurich
http://ow.ly/riRea