[BioC] Errors Installing Package qrqc under MacOsX

Sue Jones sue.jones at hutton.ac.uk
Thu May 31 17:01:37 CEST 2012

I am using R version 2.15 under Mac OS X 10.6.8
When i try to install the qrqc package using

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("qrqc")
library(qrqc)

I get the following error message
--------------------------------
BioC_mirror: http://www.bioconductor.org
Using R version 2.15, BiocInstaller version 1.4.4.
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.15
Installing package(s) 'qrqc'
Error: Line starting '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI ...' is malformed!
library(qrqc)
Error in library(qrqc) : there is no package called ‘qrqc’
------------------------------------

I think the first part of the error is perhaps related to the CRAN mirror -
but even when I use this
alternative suggested elsewhere on gmane

biocLite("qrqc", type="source")

I get a series of error message - the end of which is

ERROR: dependency ‘biovizBase’ is not available for package ‘qrqc’
* removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.15/Resources/library/qrqc’

The downloaded source packages are in
	‘/private/var/folders/aS/aSrDK+ZQF+0QTLwvM0ZOXk+++TI/-Tmp-
/RtmpVVshp3/downloaded_packages’
Error: Line starting '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLI ...' is malformed!