[BioC] Amplicon and exon level read counts and GC content

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed May 30 07:31:30 CEST 2012

Dear Yu Chuan,

You may consider using the featureCounts function in Rsubread package to count the number of reads for the features you are interested in. The built-in RefSeq annotation will allow you to get exon-level read counts. But to get amplicon-level read counts or read counts in a specific genomic interval, you'll have to provide an annotation file to this function to let it count reads for you.

This function accepts SAM files as input, but I guess you can convert your BAM files to SAM files.  For you information about this function, see ?featureCounts.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wei