[BioC] 'citation("RBGL")' command produces package not found error

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Thu May 24 19:18:18 CEST 2012

Hi Jeremiah,

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 10:13 AM, Jeremiah Willcock <jewillco at osl.iu.edu> wrote:
> I am not an expert user of R, and I am looking to get the citation for the
> RBGL package.  I am using R 2.15.0,

If you are using R 2.15 you should be using Bioconductor 2.10, and
therefore looking at this page:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.10/bioc/html/RBGL.html

and I entered the two commands on
> http://bioc.ism.ac.jp/2.8/bioc/html/RBGL.html to install RBGL.  I was not
> running as root, so R created a subdirectory under my home directory for the
> installation.  RBGL appeared to install successfully, but when I try to get
> the citation, I get:
>
>> citation("RBGL")
>
> Error in citation("RBGL") : package ‘RBGL’ not found
>
> Trying to run 'library(RBGL)' (the first non-comment line in the demo file
> at http://bioc.ism.ac.jp/2.8/bioc/vignettes/RBGL/inst/doc/RBGL.R) produces:
>
>> library(RBGL)
>
> Error in library(RBGL) : there is no package called ‘RBGL’
>
> What steps should I take to make sure the package is installed correctly?

What was the output of:

source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
biocLite("RBGL")

Also, what is the output of
sessionInfo()
?

> Could someone please send me (or post) the citation, without needing to
> install the package to access it?  Thank you.

> citation("RBGL")

To cite package ‘RBGL’ in publications use:

  Vince Carey, Li Long and R. Gentleman (). RBGL: An interface to the
  BOOST graph library. R package version 1.31.1.
  http://www.bioconductor.org

A BibTeX entry for LaTeX users is

  @Manual{,
    title = {RBGL: An interface to the BOOST graph library},
    author = {Vince Carey and Li Long and R. Gentleman},
    note = {R package version 1.31.1},
    url = {http://www.bioconductor.org},
  }

ATTENTION: This citation information has been auto-generated from the
package DESCRIPTION file and may need manual editing, see
‘help("citation")’ .

Warning message:
In citation("RBGL") : no date field in DESCRIPTION file of package ‘RBGL’

Dan