[BioC] Copy number analysis

Fred Boehm fjboehm at wisc.edu
Sat Mar 17 17:24:12 CET 2012

Greetings,

You might want to consider using the bioconductor package "GWASTools". I
have found it useful for automated detection of baf (ie, B allele
Frequency) anomalies (and their graphical presentation) with affy 6.0
data. It would, I think, still require visual inspection of the detected
chromosomal anomalies if you want to classify them by copy number
changes. Fortunately, there is a function that plots both BAF and Log R
Ratio (LRR) for each SNP along a chromosome.

Their is a very instructive vignette that accompanies GWASTools. It is
called "GWAS Data Cleaning" and can be found via a link from here:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/GWASTools.html

I believe that the "GWAS Data Cleaning" document describes the baf
anomaly detection methodology and provides detailed code for conducting
the analyses, starting on page 40.

Cheers,
Fred

You can try aroma.affymetrix. Information specific to SNP 6.0 is located at
http://www.aroma-project.org/chipTypes/GenomeWideSNP_6