[BioC] interpreting DEXSeq output

Elena Sorokin sorokin at wisc.edu
Wed Jun 20 16:45:20 CEST 2012

Hi Alejandro,
Yes, the merged genes I find are difficult to interpret - because the
differential exon usage is probably just differences in total gene
expression. I still wonder about it, because in my mapping procedure, I
do a very stringent alignment where reads that map to more than one
place in the transcriptome get thrown out of the BAM file. However, I
would say this only affects less than 1 in 10 of my differential exon
results, so I believe I can work around it. I did use the plot function,
and it's very helpful.
Thanks and best wishes,
Elena