[BioC] interpreting DEXSeq output

Alejandro Reyes alejandro.reyes at embl.de
Tue Jun 19 10:29:26 CEST 2012

Dear Elena,

Thanks for your email! The reason that multiple genes are merged into a
single one is because they share exons, and it is not obvious to assign
this exon to a single gene.  You can see more in detail if you do a
"plotDEXSeq" displaying the transcripts.  So far, I have not seen a big
problem on it but I can imagine a situation in which the merged genes
are differentially expressed: there would be differences in exon usage
that are differential expression in reality...

Is it introducing messy results for you?

Alejandro