[BioC] Data set for comparing statistical tests

Jorge Miró jorgma86 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:12:20 CEST 2012

Hi again,

I have been trying to understand how I should go on with the spike in
data but in vain.
Here are the commands I used:

************ Code *************************
> library(SpikeIn)
> data(SpikeIn133)

#Checked phenoData as suggested....
> phenoData(SpikeIn133)
An object of class "AnnotatedDataFrame"
  sampleNames: 12_13_02_U133A_Mer_Latin_Square_Expt1_R1
12_13_02_U133A_Mer_Latin_Square_Expt2_R1 ...
12_13_02_U133A_Mer_Latin_Square_Expt14_R3 (42 total)
  varLabels: 203508_at 204563_at ... AFFX-ThrX-3_at (42 total)
  varMetadata: labelDescription

# ... but I could not see the concentrations for the samples. Is it
something else I should do? I tryid with pData too and I could not
find any information about the samples concentration.

I guess the SpikeIn133 is a file with raw intensities so I shoud apply
rma on it and then use eg limma to test for differential expression of
the genes. Am I right?

I read the manual for SpikeIn but I can't see anything about  the
concentrations for each sample in the data set
(http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.10/data/experiment/manuals/SpikeIn/man/SpikeIn.pdf)

Best regards
Jorge