[BioC] Data set for comparing statistical tests

Jorge Miró jorgma86 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:58:07 CEST 2012

Hi everybody,

I need to compare Student's t-test and the test implemented in the
limma package. Does any body has an idea of how I should do?

I guess I need a data set with already known differentially expressed
genes (maybe this can be done by specially designing the probesets in
the used arrays?) and then compare the results of a t-tests and limma
test with the expected differentially expressed genes. Where can I get
such a data set?

Sorry if the question is a bit stupid but I'm new to microarray
analysis and statistics... By the way, should this kind of questions
be posted here or should I use another forum?

Best regards
Jorge