[BioC] edgeR, error in estimateCommonDisp

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Aug 1 02:04:21 CEST 2012

Dear Lucia,

This is a failure in the edgeR function estimatePs(), and it is something
that I have never seen before.

Have you checked that your input counts are as you expect?  For example,

   summary(y$counts)

You don't say what version of edgeR you are using.  Could you please try
installing the devel version of edgeR, and tell me whether the problem has
gone away?

Best wishes
Gordon

PS. See the advice about sessionInfo() in the posting guide: