[BioC] collapseRows function

Alex Gutteridge alexg at ruggedtextile.com
Thu Sep 29 12:48:41 CEST 2011

 On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:27:04 +0200, Alyaa Mahmoud wrote:
> Hi Alex
>
> I mean the (1, 10, 1000, 10000) that I get in the rows instead of
> gene IDs), i.e. yes the columns are the mean of expression values but
> don't know of which genes ??

 I think we are using different terminology. By 'gene ID' I am referring
 to Entrez Gene IDs which are the numeric identifiers you are seeing. You
 can use the org.Hs.eg.db package to map those identifiers to others if
 you want. Perhaps you would prefer gene symbols, in which case:

 library(annotate)
 library(org.Hs.eg.db)
 rownames(summ) = getSYMBOL(rownames(summ),"org.Hs.eg.db")

 Will replace the numeric IDs from the summ matrix with gene symbols
 instead.

--
 Alex Gutteridge