[BioC] Duplicated Gene IDs - averaging

mjonczyk mjonczyk at biol.uw.edu.pl
Sun Sep 25 21:11:56 CEST 2011

Dear List Members,

I have problem with ExpressionSet object. I've constructed such an
object with data with
duplicated gene Ids (after assigment of probes IDs to genes).
I know that ExpressionSet doesn't support such a situation, but I've
thought that function
poe.mcmc from metaArray package will handle it without problems -
unfortunately,
after few hours of computing I've had an error.

So I'd like to ask how can I compute an average or -better- median for
duplicated IDs in
exprs() slot in ExpressionSet object. Or just for matrix, so I could
set it as an exprs().
I suspect it's basic function in R, but I've spent all day searching it
and I haven't succeeded.
I'd also prefer not to convert ExpressionSet to another data type (e.g.
MAList, RGList)
in order to perform such an operation.

Any help will be valuable,
Best Regards

--
Maciej Jonczyk,
Department of Plant Molecular Ecophysiology