[BioC] compare IC50 curves

andrea.grilli at ior.it andrea.grilli at ior.it
Fri Sep 9 11:05:54 CEST 2011

Hi Hervé,
thanks for your answer,

you are right, package is drc on CRAN, and this is its reference manual:
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/drc/drc.pdf

Further searches returned the package ic50
(http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ic50/) as more appropriate for
this analysis, just in case for next users.

Sorry for my late reply 'cause of holidays,
thanks you again,
Andrea

Citando Hervé Pagès <hpages at fhcrc.org>:

> On 11-08-10 02:04 AM, andrea.grilli at ior.it wrote:
>> Hi to all,
>> I have 4 cell lines, 2 in group A and 2 in group B, for which I
>> calculated IC50.
>> I want to know if there is some difference between the 2 groups: a
>> simple t-test seems to me a not correct test for this case. Do you
know if exists in DRC package (or in any other package) a more specific
test and how to perform it?

> I don't know anything about those tests but just wanted to mention
that there is no DRC package in Bioconductor (there is a drc pkg on
CRAN though...)