[BioC] Help needed with topGene function of RankProd package

Gaurav Kumar gaurav.kumar at mq.edu.au
Wed Sep 7 02:48:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

I'm using RankProd package to see the differential gene expression in
two class of samples
as given below:

library(RankProd)
RP.out <- RP(matrix,class.label,logged=TRUE,num.perm=100,rand=123)
#print(RP.out)
gene.list <- topGene(RP.out,gene.names=rownames(matrix),
logged=TRUE,logbase=2,cutoff=0.05,method="pfp", num.gene=100)
upRegulated <- file("./test.txt", open="wt")
writeLines(gene.list$Table1,upRegulated)
close(upRegulated)

I can see the $Table1 result in R console but i can't print the same
as an output file,
showing
Error in writeLines(gene.list$Table1, upRegulated) :
  invalid 'text' argument

can anyone help me how to redirect the $Table1 results to an output file.

Thanks in advance,

cheers

--
PhD Student (Bioinformatics/Computational Biology)

URL:http://gauravkumar.org