[BioC] any package to do gene expression value estimation

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Tue Oct 25 18:31:37 CEST 2011

Hi, Shangao.

You should demonstrate that you have followed up on previous replies
and have read the relevant documentation before asking the list to
provide answers.  In particular, please read the documentation for
scanBam and readGappedAlignment as Martin has suggested.  You should
TRY these functions on your BAM files.  A 10GB BAM file is not large,
so with a little reading, you may find that folks have thought about
your perceived problem ("large" BAM files) rather carefully.

I hope my comments above are taken as constructive; they are meant
that way and not meant to be rude.

Sean