[BioC] Manual creation of Affybatch object to study highthrouput qPCR experiments.

Heidi Dvinge heidi at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Oct 20 16:46:59 CEST 2011

Hi Ali,

> On 10/20/2011 2:49 AM, Ali Mo [guest] wrote:
>> Hi every one.
>>
>> I am using 384 well qPCR array for miRNA study. I wanted to normalize my
>> results using affy. How can I create an affybatch wich contains my Cq
>> values? Thanks a lot.
>
> You don't want to do this. Trying to stuff qPCR data into an AffyBatch
> is asking for trouble. Quantile normalizing qPCR data is asking for
> trouble as well, IMO, but they are your data.

In case you want to try some other normalisation methods, including e.g.
geometric mean which has been recommended for miRNA data, then you might
want to have a look at the HTqPCR package. If you type

library(HTqPCR)
vignette("HTqPCR")

that should give you enough instructions on how to start, if you're not
too familiar with Bioconductor. There's also a brief comparison of 4-5
different normalisaiton methods, including quantile.

HTH
\Heidi