[BioC] edgeR on microRNA data

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Mon Oct 3 10:23:24 CEST 2011

Works fine for me.  My guess is that you can't install any Bioc package,
not just edgeR.

Gordon

On Mon, 3 Oct 2011, Helena Persson wrote:

> Well, I installed the devel version of R, but if I then do:

> source("http://www.bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
> biocLite("edgeR")

I get the error message:

Using R version 2.14.0, biocinstall version 2.8.4.
Installing Bioconductor version 2.8 packages:
[1] "edgeR"
Please wait...

Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/bioc/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/data/annotation/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/data/experiment/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.8/extra/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.14
Warning: unable to access index for repository http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/macosx/leopard/contrib/2.14
Warning message:
In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
   package ‘edgeR’ is not available (for R Under development)

... so I guess I am doing something wrong.

Helena