[BioC] Probe level normalization

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:00:42 CET 2011

Hi Suresh,

On 11/30/2011 7:49 AM, suri ghani wrote:
> How to perform the normalization using the individual probe expression values instead of the probeset expression values in Limma or any other bioconductor package??

I'm not sure what you are asking here. Could you please rephrase? What
platform are you talking about here?

The term 'probeset' usually pertains to the Affymetrix microarray
platform. If you are in fact using Affy data, then you won't use limma
for normalization.

If you state clearly what you are trying to do, then maybe someone can help.

Best,

Jim

> Thanks in advance..
>
> Regards,