[BioC] Fwd: Re: Installing Bioconductor packages on R 2.14.0 *without* administrator rights / from a script

andrea.grilli at ior.it andrea.grilli at ior.it
Tue Nov 29 10:02:46 CET 2011

Hi Firas,
I had similar problems working in linux. If it's also your case, I
solved changing administrative privileges to paths were all packages
are installed:
sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/lib/R
sudo chmod 777 -R /usr/local/lib/R/site-library

Maybe this is not the conventional way, but allows me to update all
libraries without creating a new personal folder each time R is
updated to a new version.
Hope this help,
Andrea

----- Messaggio inoltrato da stvjc at channing.harvard.edu -----