[BioC] Rgraphviz produces segmentation fault when attempting to plot Bayesian Belief Networks

Royce Francis royceworld at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 18:24:32 CET 2011

My apologies.

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.14.0 (2011-10-31)
Platform: x86_64-apple-darwin9.8.0/x86_64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8/C/en_US.UTF-8/en_US.UTF-8

attached base packages:
[1] grid      stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] Rgraphviz_1.32.0 bnlearn_2.7      lattice_0.20-0   graph_1.32.0

[1] tools_2.14.0

On Nov 17, 2011, at 12:22 PM, Sean Davis wrote:

> sessionInfo()?
>
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 12:16 PM, Royce Francis <royceworld at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I have been studying the use of Bayesian Belief Networks, and have found Marco Scutari's package, "bnlearn," very helpful.  While I was learning his package, I had been using graphviz to plot the networks that were learned.
>>
>> Recently, I have not been able to plot any networks using graphviz because each time I call the function, graphviz.plot, I receive a message indicating that a segmentation fault has occurred.  I originally thought this was caused by updating R to 2.14.0, but when I reverted to 2.13.0, the segmentation faults persisted.
>>
>> Here is a snippet of code using an example in Scutari's JSS paper that will produce the error in my setup (and the corresponding output):
>>
>>> library("bnlearn")
>>> library(Rgraphviz)
>>> data(learning.test)
>>> bn.hc <- hc(learning.test,score="aic")