[BioC] extract introns

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Nov 11 04:37:14 CET 2011

On 11/09/2011 03:22 AM, Yating Cheng wrote:
> Dear Bioconductor Memebers,
>
> Now I have to extract intron sequences, I have already exon+intron, intron
> sequences. Someone told me that I can use Biostring. But I tried, it
> failed.
>
> Do you know how to use Biostring to solve this problem, or is there any
> other possibility to solve this problem?

Steve and Ivan mention GRanges + BSgenome. I wanted to mention
Rsamtools::FaFile with indexFa, which allows input of DNA sequence from
fasta files rather than BSgenome packages. You gain flexibility in terms
of where the sequence comes from, but lose BSgenome features like
masking and data management.

Martin