[BioC] extract introns

Ivan Gregoretti ivangreg at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:47:56 CET 2011

Hello Yating,

For example, this is how you get a sequence of 50 nucleotides from
murine chromosome 1:

library(Biostrings)

library(BSgenome.Mmusculus.UCSC.mm9)

Views(Mmusculus[["chr1"]],IRanges(start=3000001,end=3000050))

 Views on a 197195432-letter DNAString subject
subject: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN...AAAGAATTTGGTATTAAACTTAAAACTGGAATTC
views:
     start     end width
[1] 3000001 3000050    50 [GAATTCTTTTCTATGATTTAGTTTAATATGTTTTCTGGGTGTTTCAGCTG]
Warning message:
In Views(Mmusculus[["chr1"]], IRanges(start = 3000001, end = 3000050)) :
 masks were dropped

One more thing. Next time, before you ask a question about a package,
please make sure you have read the package documentation entirely. I
am responding to you this time because I once asked this same question
before reading all the documentation!

Ivan