[BioC] Bioconductor, PHP, and R

Xavier de Pedro xavier.depedro at vhir.org
Thu Nov 10 12:13:55 CET 2011

Hi:

[I think that this is my first message to this list, after a few months
of silently reading many threads and slowly learning...]

Another option is to have some permission checking at php level. For
instance, this is what it was introduced in Tiki Wiki CMS/Groupware a
few years ago, and then, you can allow Tiki site admins of the web site
to install those packages for you (or for themselves) through the web
interface (a wiki page with a PluginR call).

That was partly shown in the last UseR2011 conference, with an example
of a custom php-based web 2.0 interface for custom R scripts to produce
HeatMaps, which required extra packages from Bioconductor.

https://doc.tiki.org/PluginR

http://ueb.ir.vhebron.net/tools/2011+UseR

Those potentially interested, there is a free workshop shceduled for
next week at the 3rd Spanish UseR meeting, in order to teach how to
create safe web 2.0 interfaces for their R scritps.

http://demo.usar.org.es/III+Jornadas

Cheers

Xavier