[BioC] SNP retrieval between two mouse strains

Cook, Malcolm MEC at stowers.org
Wed Mar 30 18:02:29 CEST 2011

Sabrina,

I recommend you contact JAX with the specifics of you inquiry http://www.informatics.jax.org/software.shtml#sql

If you can avoid needing SQL access, by getting their help with your query, I would suggest that.

THat said, here is one source of summary info on ODBC drivers for Sybase: http://www.salmontraining.com/SybaseZone/articles/sybase_odbc_drivers_for_adaptive_server_enterprise.html

I've not used any of them.  I was accessing under Unix and used FreeTDS.  I understand that FreeTDS can be used with ODBC on windows but is hard to build/configure - http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Compiling_FreeTDS_under_Windows

Good luck,

Malcolm Cook
Stowers Institute for Medical Research -  Bioinformatics
Kansas City, Missouri  USA