[BioC] Query regarding matchprobes package

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:35:09 CET 2011

This makes sense since Biostrings is vastly more powerful.  But what
is going to happen with the probe packages, where the central piece of
data is a class that - as far as I recall - is being defined in
matchprobes (although - again from memory - the class really provides
nothing else than a print method).  Are they going to be replaced with
a more "modern" class or are they just being scaled back to being
data.frames or are these packages also being phased out (which I would
consider very unfortunate)?

Kasper