[BioC] [JOB] Bioinformatics Data Analyst (Vienna,AT)

Ido M. Tamir tamir at imp.univie.ac.at
Fri Jan 28 12:19:29 CET 2011

http://www.imp.ac.at/fileadmin/imp/Documents/Positions_PhDPosters/AD_Inserat_MB.pdf

The Research Institute of Molecular Pathology (IMP) is a basic biomedical
research institute sponsored largely by Boehringer Ingelheim, as well as
research grants from national and international funding agencies. Our common
goal is to uncover fundamental molecular and cellular mechanisms that underlie
complex biological phenomena.

For our Applied Bioinformatics group, we are looking for a full time, highly
motivated colleague. The applicant will support research labs of the Gen-AU
Epigenome consortium, in close collaboration with the genomic sequencing
facility, to analyse Next-Gen-Sequencing datasets, including Chip-Seq and
RNASeq data. He/she will be part of a team of experienced bioinformaticians
who have already implemented high-throughput analysis workflows and tools.
Successful applicants must hold an academic degree in Bioinformatics,
Biostatistics or Life Sciences, and ideally have experience in genomic high-
throughput data analysis.

A sound statistical knowledge and programming skills are essential.
Especially, the applicants need to be proficient with scripting languages,
relational databases and with UNIX like operating systems. Candidates should
also be good team players and show a keen interest in Life Sciences.

We offer an innovative, team oriented, and highly motivated working atmosphere
in an international renowned research institute.

Salary is commensurate with qualifications/experience and includes a
comprehensive benefits package.

Applicants should send their CV, preferably via E-mail to
Markus Jaritz, Ph.D.
IMP - Research Institute of Molecular Pathology
Dr. Bohr-Gasse 7, 1030 Vienna, Austria
jaritz at imp.ac.at