[BioC] exonsBy() function from GenomicFeature, preserve transcript names?

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Jan 21 00:53:07 CET 2011

Hi Paul,

If you are using a current enough version of GenomicFeatures then this
will do something like that:

eaTx <- exonsBy(hgTxDb, 'tx', use.names=TRUE)

I can't tell if this will help you though since you did not post
sessionInfo().  If it doesn't work, then you can also use exons() and
get the data by requesting "tx_name" for the columns argument.

  Marc