[BioC] Gene Name annotation with ChIPpeakAnno

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Thu Jan 20 15:37:07 CET 2011

Dear Pablo,

It is great that you got the annotated peaks now. To add additional
annotation such as gene symbol to the annotatedPeak, I would suggest do the
following,

Ann.peaks = as.data.frame(annotatedPeak)

Then merge Ann.peaks with the annotation data containing gene symbol and
ensembl ID etc obtained from getBM function in biomaRt package. If you
encounter problem using getBM, please email the bioconductor list and
biomaRt developer with the code, error message and session information.

Best regards,

Julie