[BioC] FC calculation in Limma

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 04:32:33 CET 2011

If they are savvy I would explain that the log scale is the relevant
scale for analysis of microarrays and that they should therefore start
by log transforming.  A corollary to this is (of course) that fold
changes are calculated as they are.  I would explain that this has to
do with the distribution of noise in the intensity measurements.

If they are less savvy I would make an authoritative argument and
would say that this is how it has been done in the field in the last
10 years or more.

If this does not help, I would count myself lucky that they are not my
collaborators.  Of course, that does not help you.

Kasper