[BioC] ecoli2.db

Clémentine Dressaire clementinedressaire at itqb.unl.pt
Tue Oct 19 20:03:29 CEST 2010

Hello again,

Here is the outpout of my sessionInfo():

> sessionInfo()

R version 2.12.0 (2010-10-15)

Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:

[1] LC_COLLATE=French_France.1252  LC_CTYPE=French_France.1252

[3] LC_MONETARY=French_France.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C

[5] LC_TIME=French_France.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:

 [1] ecoli2cdf_2.6.0      simpleaffy_2.26.0    gcrma_2.22.0

 [4] genefilter_1.32.0    annotate_1.28.0      biomaRt_2.6.0

 [7] GOstats_2.16.0       graph_1.28.0         Category_2.16.0

[10] annaffy_1.22.0       KEGG.db_2.4.5        GO.db_2.4.5

[13] RSQLite_0.9-2        DBI_0.2-5            AnnotationDbi_1.12.0

[16] lattice_0.19-13      affy_1.28.0          Biobase_2.10.0

[19] limma_3.6.0

 [1] affyio_1.18.0         Biostrings_2.18.0     grid_2.12.0

 [4] GSEABase_1.12.0       IRanges_1.8.0         preprocessCore_1.12.0

 [7] RBGL_1.25.1           RCurl_1.4-4.1         splines_2.12.0

[10] survival_2.35-8       tools_2.12.0          XML_3.2-0.1

[13] xtable_1.5-6

I hope it will help you. I do not have time to try the trick today but

thanks anyway,

Clémentine

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:50:40 -0700, Marc Carlson <mcarlson at fhcrc.org>

wrote:

> Hi Clémentine,

> I am still building the Mac binaries for this, so the issue might be

> caused by the fact that (so far) only the tarball is available.  It

> would help me if you gave the output of sessionInfo() so that I know

> what version of things you are even using.  If you are using Mac or

> Windows and don't want to wait till later in the day when I get those

> binaries built, you can  try this (which should work):

> biocLite("ecoli2.db", type="source")

> And if that doesn't help you, then please use sessionInfo() and get back

> to me.

>   Marc

> On 10/19/2010 07:21 AM, Clémentine Dressaire wrote:

>> Hello Marc,

>> After making sure that ecoli2.db was available in Bioconductor 2.7

>> released I tried several times today to install the package as follows

>> and

>> got an error message

>> about ecoli2.db availability:

>>  source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")

>> BioC_mirror = http://www.bioconductor.org

>> Change using chooseBioCmirror().

>>>     biocLite("ecoli2.db")

>> Using R version 2.12.0, biocinstall version 2.7.4.

>> Installing Bioconductor version 2.7 packages:

>> [1] "ecoli2.db"

>> Please wait...

>> Message d'avis :

>> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :

>>   package ‘ecoli2.db’ is not available

>> Could you please tell me if I am doing something wrong of if this come

>> from a Bioconductor problem that you can fix?

>> Thanks for your precious help,

>> Clémentine

>> On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 09:09:40 -0700, Marc Carlson <mcarlson at fhcrc.org>

>> wrote:

>>> Hi Clémentine,

>>> That is probably because I have dropped it into the devel branch.  I

>>> will become the release branch next week.  I think that most people

are

>>> like you and will only care about the K12 strain.  But I have to post

>>> disclaimer (and one is planned for when the package loads), simply

>>> because the probes on this platform were planned for detecting 4

>>> strains, and we only have annotation for the popular one here.

>>>   Marc

in

mean

The

http://www.bioconductor.org/help/bioc-views/devel/bioc/html/AnnotationDbi.html

4

>> additional

>> in

are

>> in

>> people

>> will

this

--

Clémentine Dressaire

Post-doctoral research fellow

Control of gene expression lab

ITQB - Instituto de Tecnologia Química e Biológica

Apartado 127, Av. da República

2780-157 Oeiras

Portugal

+351 214469562