[BioC] affyPara

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 12 22:57:48 CEST 2010

On 10/08/2010 09:14 AM, danieladna wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been running the affy package for a while now without running into any
> problems.
> Now I would like to use affyPara as I have 600 .CEL files to analyze.
> All my packages are up to date and all cdf files are installed.
> Unfortunately affyPara cannot load any cdf files. I am not sure why. Does anyone
> have an idea how I can fix this problem?
> The failure message I get is following:
> Error in checkForRemoteErrors(lapply(cl, recvResult)) :
>   31 nodes produced errors; first error: Could not obtain CDF environment,
> problems encountered:
> Specified environment does not contain HuEx-1_0-st-v2
> Library - package huex10stv2cdf not installed
> Bioconductor - could not connect
> Calls: rmaPara -> preproPara -> clusterCall -> checkForRemoteErrors
> Execution halted
>
> I am positive that huex10stv2cdf is installed, as I have been running it with
> affy successfully from the same location.
> Many thanks for your help and ideas,
> Daniela

Hi Daniela,

Seeing more of your code would be helpful for troubleshooting the
problem.  Please provide a chunk of code that describes how you are
inputting the cdf files and what you are distributing to the nodes.

Also include the output of sessionInfo() from one of the nodes.
For example, if cl is your cluster then
clusterEvalQ(cl, sessionInfo())

I am also ccing the package maintainer on this response.

Valerie