[BioC] edgeR: error in readDGE

村田 卓也 tmurata at gsc.riken.jp
Wed Nov 10 09:36:52 CET 2010

I am a beginner of everything of R and edgeR; just like "copy and paste of the command" of the manual.

I tried to make DGEList object like descriptions on page 9.
I could make object, "target", as follows.
> targets
   files group description
1 GAT.txt    MT         FT9
2 ACA.txt    WT         FT9
3 ACT.txt    MT        FT10
4 ACG.txt    WT        FT10

On the next command, I failed.
d <- readDGE(targets)

(I deleted "skip = 5, comment.char = "#"" from original command, because on my understanding,
there were no rows to be skipped, nor comments.)

error colSums(x$counts) :  'x' must be numeric

This error message might be inaccurate, because it is localized.

GAT.txt, and other txt files were made as a tab-delimited, plain-text, as follows, for example.
SEQUENCE	COUNT
AAACAGCAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAG	0
AAACAGCAGGTACAAGATCTACCCGGG	0
AAACAGCAGTGTTCTGAAGCCAAACTC	0

I use R for Mac OSX GUI 1.35 and newest edgeR.

I am very happy, if you have any comments.
Thank you.

Takuya